Saturday, September 02, 2006

My heart breaking realization

As I was walking to and from class today I had a startling realization. I'm weak. Not I can't lift a frozen turkey weak but My heart is weak. It forget things. I'm talking about my keys, or meal ticket or even my parents birthdays. I forget things of the heart. I have great friends and when I don't get to spend time with them I forget how truly great they are. I don't remember how much fun we have and the side splitting laughter. When I'm not in a close community I forget just how amazing community truly is.
Even with people I love, like my parents and even a girlfriend I realized that I forget these things. I forget how one wink from her can brighten my day. I forget what it is like to hold her hand, to touch here face, to kiss here. I don't remember the sound of her voice, although I know it, I forget her smell. I forget her and how she makes me feel.
All these things were ok until I had my Heart rendering, demolishing realization. I forget Christ. My Savor. My Lord. My One True Love. I forget Christ! I forget his presence, his voice, his love, his teachings. I forget what it is like to be with him and feel completely welcomed and completely unworthy. I forget the knee bending love we find in his presence. I forget the depths of the riches of knowing Him. I forget the power I receive through him. I forget to become like him. I forget just how much I need him. And that tore me apart, and scarred me that I'm so weak that I could forget my Jesus.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

The wonderful hope we have to the flip-side of this is that He will never forget us! He continues to pursue us with His love. As a loving Father, He disciplines us when we need it. He doesn't go anywhere. We are covered by the blood of Jesus so our standing is never compromised. He is an amazing God!