Sunday, January 06, 2013

Something new...my new 52 #1

When I started this blog, I planned on it serving as a creative outlet. A place where I could write and share my thoughts. At first I was intimidated and scared. I was scared to open my ideas up to be read and critiqued by others. The thought that someone, some faceless nameless person, would have acces to this intimate thing was hard to get over. Timidly I shared on, and to my suprise people liked it. I was given feedback by others that it was good, they like my poetry, were challenged by my thoughts, and enjoyed getting to walk some of my journey with me. I was no longer afraid to share myself with others. Yet sure enough like any good narrative a new problem arose.
I became overwhelmed with the task of creating. I found the challenge. For me, it isn't to just have a thought, but to nurture it into maturity. My mind is filled with half-thought blog posts and partial stanzas of poetry. Creating wasn't difficult. Well... creating the spark wasn't difficult, but fanning that spark into flame was the part that got to me. Over time I became full of ideas but lacked the time, desire, fuel to turn them into something share-worth. That is now going to change!
It's a new year. A time when we make goals and plans to change ourselves. We accept new challenges and push ourselves to try new things. For some it is a picture a day, others seek to read a set amount of books or lose weight. Well, to borrow an idea from DC comics... I'm starting a new 52! This year my goal is to write 52 new blog post. That is one entry a week, for a full year. I'm excited, intimidated, and curious. Join me for my new 52 and we can journey together for a little bit.

No comments: